Level 2 Award in Wines ONLINE
- Duration – 5 weeks online guided study split into 6 modules including revision.
- Course activities – tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests, discussions and videos supported by the textbook.
- Modules – include weekly tasks but students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during the scheduled 5 weeks.
- Educator – guides students through the weekly tasks for 5 weeks.
- Materials – MKM will provide the relevant and current WSET study materials prior to the course.
- Student access – once the booking is confirmed, students have access for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study. Please note that students have read-only access after the course finish date.
- Examination – approximately one week after the end of the course. It will be held face to face in Brno.
Price: 11 500 CZK
Next available dates for 2021:
- 3rd May – 6th June 2021 (exam: 11th June)
The course is based around a 5-week, 6-module online programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in sequential order during this 5-week window. There is a recommendation of 6 hours study per week to cover the online activities and read the relevant chapters in the textbook. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
The course prepares the student for our qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Students should be advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.